Friday, January 9, 2015

Indecisive-ness...OP-ED Free Write

So, I have never really tried to have a strong opinion on the popular topics in society. Honesty, my believe is that the more you blurt out your opinion to the world, the more the world will...throw it back it you, for lack of a better term. It seems there is always someone who wants to pick a fight, and is just waiting for the next innocent optimist to say something. (I have had teachers that admit to being this person) I realize this may sound like a very depressing opinion on things - but that doesn't matter to me. Although I understand the importance of learning from others and sharing your insight - I don't know if I am looking for the approval of others. I don't often share my opinion, because I am not looking for someone to agree with me.
That being said - what should I write this essay on?
Well, I don't want to write it about tv, or movies, or any of the hot topics right now (because, contrary to my first sleep-deprived post, media does not run my life.) Although entertainment and social media are being an increasingly important part of life, I do not think it should be the center of life. If I had the resources to go out and DO something - I might actually stay away from social media altogether.
Maybe that is something I could write about - the increasing dependence we as a society have toward social media, and how it affects how we see ourselves and relationships?
Hm. A stab at social media, while posting on a blog...yup.

2 comments:

  1. I like it! Should we take a step back from technology? Is it improving our lives or ruining them? Or maybe you could write about the first thing, that people shouldn't share their opinion, because it only leads to contention. Opinions are opinions after all, because there is really no right or wrong. So does discussing them solve anything?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea as well... it could really be an interesting topic. But, on the other hand, social media is becoming a huge tool for employers and others in authority to learn more about their future prospects. Also, it's a great way to network. I would address those topics and write a counter argument against those if you decide that social media is overall negative and unneccesary. Just a sugggestion!

    ReplyDelete